What is it? Spousal support is a matter that becomes difficult to be handled sometimes. When it comes to spousal support, the person who is receiving the support is concerned with how much they can receive; while the one who is paying is concerned with how much he will be asked to pay. When you start the process, the most important thing to know is if you are the one who will pay or receive the spousal payment. Many factors must be considered before a court decides to give an order of spousal support. These factors include the level of life you were living when married, who is getting the children, how much you contributed while in the relationship, and if you were a stay at home parent caring for the children and the home.
The Orange County spousal support lawyers at Tritt & Tritt want you to know that California law allows for the payment of spousal support in a divorce (judgment of dissolution) or legal separation. The California court may order one party to pay spousal support to the other party in any amount, and for any period of time that the court finds reasonable. Following are some factors that the California court considers when ordering the payment of spousal support:
- Ability to pay spousal support
- Contribution of the party seeking spousal support to the training and education of the other party
- Current earning capacity of each party
- Criminal conviction of an abusive spouse
- Health and age of the parties
- Length of the marriage
- Marketable skills of the party seeking spousal support in getting work
- Needs of each party based upon the marital standard of living
- Past marital standard of living
- Tax consequences of each party
Tritt & Tritt understands the factors involved in determining spousal support may be difficult to understand. Call Tritt & Tritt Orange County family law lawyers today to discuss your situation.
The spousal support attorney will help you come up with an agreement that can protect you from paying too much, or from getting too little if you are the one to receive. In certain cases, the spouse can hide property or assets to show that he or she is in a situation where they should get the help. The spousal support lawyers in Orange County have the experience needed to discover such properties, and this will help lower your costs. The right person can guide you with what to do and how to do it.
The attorney will help you come up with an agreement that can protect you from paying too much, or from getting too little if you are the one to receive. In certain cases, the spouse can hide property or assets to show that he or she is in a situation where they should get the help. The spousal support lawyers in Orange County have the experience needed to discover such properties, and this will help lower your costs. The right person can guide you with what to do and how to do it.
For federal workers and teachers, when considering spousal support, the retirement accounts or pension schemes have to be taken into account. They should be factored or distributed while determining the agreement. Our spousal support attorney understands all such benefits, and they ensure that they will be considered in the court.
When you hire a spousal support lawyer in Orange County from our company, Tritt & Tritt, our attorney will let you know what the California law says about paying spousal support after a divorce or legal separation. A California court can order paying of spousal support from a certain spouse to another, for a certain amount and for a certain period.
When the court makes an order for the spousal support, there are different factors that have to be considered:
- Earning capacity of the people who were married before
- How much the person who wants the support contributed to the education or training of another person
- How many years the marriage lasted
- Living standards when the two people were married
- Marketable skills, that the one who wants to get the support, can use to get work
- Tax consequences for everyone
- The ability to pay spousal support
- The criminal conviction on the part of an abusive spouse
- What needs everyone involved has according to their living standards
Our lawyers are aware of all these factors, and they will help you to achieve agreeable terms from your case. Don’t hesitate to hire a professional from Tritt and Tritt. We are here to make everything easier for you.