Tritt & Tritt, APC
Tritt & Tritt, APC

Contact Us.


Phone: 714 939-6999 714 939-6999


Client Tools

Manage your case:

Make a payment:

Office hours:

Monday - Thursday08:30 AM - 05:00 PM
Friday08:30 AM - 12:00 PM
And by appointment.

Restraining Orders

The Orange County domestic violence lawyers at Tritt & Tritt can help you with restraining orders.  Tritt & Tritt have 26 years of experience protecting the legal rights of people involved with restraining orders.


If you need or have been served with a restraining order, you should seek the legal advice of your attorney at Tritt & Tritt to discuss your legal needs. 


Types of Restraining Orders

Different types of restraining orders are used in different situations:


Civil Harassment Restraining Order (CHO)
Temporary Restraining Order (TRO)
Emergency Protective Order (EPO)
Domestic Violence Restraining Order (DVRO)
Criminal Protective Order (No Contact)


Your attorney at Tritt & Tritt can help you decide which type of restraining order fits your situation and smoothly direct the process so that you get the protection you need as soon as possible.


Domestic Violence

Tritt & Tritt understands that being in a domestic violence situation can be frightening and isolating.  We want to help you be safe from violence and to be secure.  Do you qualify for a domestic violence restraining order?


"A domestic violence restraining order is a court order that helps protect people from abuse or threats of abuse from someone they have a close relationship with.

You can ask for a domestic violence restraining order if:


1. A person has abused (or threatened to abuse) you


2. You have a close relationship with that person. You are:

Married or registered domestic partners,
Divorced or separated,
Dating or used to date,
Living together or used to live together(more than roommates),
Parents together of a child, OR
Closely related (parent, child, brother, sister, grandmother, grandfather, in-law).


If you are a parent and your child is being abused, you can also file a restraining order on behalf of your child to protect your child (and you and other family members). If your child is 12 or older, he or she can file the restraining order on his or her own.

If you do not qualify for a domestic violence restraining order, there are other kinds of orders you can ask for:


Civil harassment restraining order (can be used for neighbors, roommates, coworkers, or more distant family members like cousins, uncle or aunt, etc.). Find more information on getting a civil harassment restraining order.


Elder or dependent adult abuse restraining order (if the person being abused is 65 or older; or between 18 and 64 and a dependent adult). Find more information on getting an elder or dependent adult abuse restraining order.

Workplace violence restraining order (filed by an employer to protect an employee from violence, stalking, or harassment by another person). Find more information on getting a workplace violence restraining order."



Your attorney at Tritt & Tritt can best advise you on what to do if you are being harassed or if you need help responding to a restraining order filed against you.

Have questions or would like to make an appointment?

Call us at 714 939-6999 714 939-6999 or use our contact form.

Print Print | Sitemap
© Tritt & Tritt